There is 40 times as much ground water below the earth surface as there is in all worldsâ€™ streams and lakes. However the groundwater is unequally distributed WILMAG Ascertains suitable sites for exploration of significant quantities of groundwater before carrying out any drilling exercise. We use variety of geophysical methods to assist in the assessment of geological sub-surface conditions; mostly we use the resistivity method although vertical electrical sounding (V.E.S) and horizontal electrical profiling (H.E.P) are employed to supplement the latter method.
Objectives of carrying out Groundwater Hydro-geological surveys are:
- Generation of water base line information
- First approximation of ground water condition
- Collection of data from every source
- Estimation of resource in terms of quality & quantity
- Identification of stress areas
- Developments of vital inputs for planning and development
- Maintain the Hydro-geological Database to enable us to provide the general public with information on water boreholes drilled including groundwater quality
Our hydro-geological surveys include:
- Site reconnaissance and site mapping,
- Drilling Of Boreholes And Trial Pits
- Geophysical studies and field tests
- Determination Of Hydro-Geological And Hydro-Chemical Parameters Through Testing
- Water consistence
- Water flow
The hydro-geological data, maps, graphs and cross-section profiles obtained from the hydro-geological survey are used to work out and implement designs for reducing water level in construction pits, design the drainage systems and implement other important measures to guarantee facility’s reliability and durability.
WILMAG has highly qualified personnel equipped with the right methodology, skills and field equipment ensuring quality service for our clients.